Sunday 23 December 2012

Shakarkand or sweet potato

This is a very easy to cook recipe.I got this recipe from the street hawker in my market.
Anshuman likes it and for some reason I had never tried it at home nor  ever eaten outside.
So yesterday I had it and liked it and the vendor was polite enough to share me the recipe.
Only thing which is missing in my recipe is the  slow heat of the powdered wood or bhura.
Boiled potatoes are  kept on the burnt powdered wood  to  slow roast the potatoes.
But taste wise I did not find any difference. The only difference was the quantity in spices.Mine was light in colour and what you get outside is  darker.

Ingredients:
Sweet potato ( boiled)- 2,
Half of lemon juice,
Chaat masala- 1tsp ( add more to your liking),
Salt to taste,
Black pepper- 1/4 tsp,
Black salt to taste ( optional).

Method:


Wash and boil the sweet potatoes till tender ( it takes 15 to 20 minutes on slow heat  ,depending on the size of the potatoes - check with knife to see the tenderness).
Cool and peel the skin off.
Chop into cubes and keep in a bowl.
Add chaat masala,salt ,pepper ,and lemon juice( black salt if using).
Mix and adjust according to taste.
Enjoy it as a snack!
Despite the sweet name it is very good for diabetics!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...